Workplace Attachment Introduction
To provide trainees with an opportunity to gain valuable experience in a real working environment, develop a positive work attitude and good work habits, polish interpersonal skills and gain insightful knowledge about different industries through a one-month Workplace Attachment Training (WPA). It would also enable trainees to discover their own potential and unearth employment opportunities.
- Each trainee will undergo WPA in a host organisation for one month.
- There is no employer and employee relationship between trainees and the host organisations.
- Host organisations will assign a staff member as trainees’ mentor. The mentors will guide trainees in daily work, assess trainees’ work performance, and provide appropriate counselling and advice where necessary.
- The attachment hours should be between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., 4 to 5 working days per week, 6 to 8 working hours per day (excluding meal break), and not less than 30 working hours per week.
- Upon completion of each WPA with an attendance rate of 80% or above, trainees may receive a “WPA certificate” issued by the host organisations as a token of recognition and apply for a WPA allowance from the Programme Office through the host organisations. The amount of WPA training allowance for workplace attachment training commences on or after 1 September 2017 is $4,500. The amount of workplace attachment training allowance is $3,000 for workplace attachment training commences during the period of 1 June 2013 to 31 August 2017.
- The Programme Office will take out insurance for participating trainees covering personal injuries and accidents, and third-party liabilities.
- The Programme Office encourages host organisations to offer an employment to trainees who have completed the WPA with satisfactory performance through YETP’s on-the-job training of 6 to 12 months.
Notes for Applicants
Trainees may, or with the assistance of their case managers, search for suitable WPA vacancies on the programme website. Once you identify suitable WPA vacancies, please call our hotline at 2112 9932 (press 2-1-3) for registration.