Wellcome (Food Production and Logistics) Recruitment Day
The Youth Employment and Training Programme (YETP) of the Labour Department will organise Wellcome (Food Production and Logistics) Recruitment Day on 8 December 2022 (Thursday). Wellcome of the Dairy Farm Company, Limited will provide employment opportunities to YETP trainees and interested young people by offering 34 on-the-job training vacancies, including Warehouse Operative, Production Operative, Quality Control Assistant, Butcher and Clerk, which do not require any related work experience. YETP trainees and interested young people may attend interview on-the-spot. Successful applicants will undergo on-the-job training with pay for a period of 6-9 months of employment.
Trainees are eligible for a retention allowance of $3,000 if they are engaged in full-time on-the-job training for 3 months and an additional $1,000 for completion of each subsequent month. For part-time on-the-job training, the respective amounts grantable will be halved. For details of retention allowance application, please visit the YETP website.
|Name of Company||Company Introduction|
|Wellcome is the largest and longest established supermarket brand in Hong Kong with an extensive network of over 280 stores. Wellcome is committed to providing one-stop shopping convenience to customers through quality products at competitive prices and friendly service to serve the needs of different customers. We welcome applications from high calibre candidates to join our expanding team.|
|Basic Entry Requirement:
(Please note specific requirements of different posts)
|Applicants should bring along these documents:||
A gift will be offered on-site to the YETP Trainees and job seekers eligible for the YETP.
If you are not yet a member of Youth Employment Start (Y.E.S.) of the Labour Department, you may finish the pre-registration on Y.E.S. website http://www.e-start.gov.hk before the recruitment day.
In view of the latest situation of COVID-19, all visitors entering the venue will be subject to body temperature check before admission. Job applicants will be assigned specific timeslots for interviews to avoid congregation of people and reduce waiting time. Please make reservation now as interview timeslots are limited.
Participants of YETP, including in the course of participating in recruitment functions / pre-employment training/ workplace attachment / on-the-job training, must comply with the latest epidemic prevention measures and requirements of venue provider / organiser / employer / training body / the Government (such as wearing masks, social distancing, using "LeaveHomeSafe" or "Vaccine Pass", having body temperature checked, undergoing testing, being vaccinated, etc).
|On-the-job Training Vacancy||No. of Vacancy||Post Details|
|Warehouse Operative||10||Click Here|
|Production Operative||10||Click Here|
|Quality Control Assistant||2||Click Here|
Youth Employment Start (Mong Kok) Suites 8-11, Level 42, Office Tower, Langham Place, Mong Kok
- Those who have previously worked in above participating company under any forms of employment or services are not eligible for joining the recruitment day.
- Trainees are eligible for a retention allowance of $3,000 if they are engaged in full-time on-the-job training for 3 months and an additional $1,000 for completion of each subsequent month. For part-time on-the-job training, the respective amounts grantable will be halved. For details of retention allowance application, please visit the YETP website for the latest announcement.
- If the Black Rainstorm Signal, Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above, or “extreme conditions” is issued / announced to be issued within 3 hours before the start of the recruitment event, or any of the above signal/warning is still in force during the said period, the recruitment event will be cancelled.
- Depending on the latest epidemic situation, the function might be cancelled. Updated arrangements will be announced through the YETP website.
- YETP will conduct photo and video shooting in the event for promotional and publicity purposes. Please approach staff of the Labour Department on-site for enquiry.