Construction Materials Testing Trainee
YETP of the Labour Department, The Lab (Asia) Limited and HKFTU Occupational Retraining Centre will jointly organise a tailor-made training-cum-employment project, offering 20 vacancies for the post of “Construction Materials Testing Trainee”. A recruitment day with briefing of the post and on-the-spot interviews will be held on 19 September 2017. Successful applicants are required to attend 12.5 full days FREE pre-employment training course. Trainees are entitled to training allowance during the pre-employment training period. Upon completion of the course, applicants with good performance will be engaged as employees and undergo on-the-job training in The Lab (Asia) Limited with pay under the YETP.
Interview Skills Training Session
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
(Applicants should arrive the venue at 1:15 pm for registration)
Recruitment Seminar Time
2:30 pm to 3:00 pm
3:00pm to 5:00pm
Basic Entry Requirement
- 18 - 24 years old
- School leavers with Form 3 to sub-degree level (or equivalent)
- Holding valid Hong Kong Identity Card and lawfully employable in Hong Kong
- Fluent Cantonese, able to read and write Chinese, able to read English
- Able to routinely lift 16kg (field/laboratory samples and equipment)
Applicants should bring along these documents
- • The original and a copy of Hong Kong Identity Card (For non-permanent Hong Kong Identity Card holder, please provide document to prove that you are legally employable in Hong Kong);
- • Education qualification and employment proof (if applicable) (both the original and a copy); and
- • One recent passport-sized photo
For details of Construction Materials Testing Trainee(VAC0106762), please click here.
Pre-employment Training Course (Free of charge)
Successful applicants are required to attend a free tailor-made pre-employment training course provided by HKFTU Occupational Retraining Centre. Trainees are entitled to training allowance during the pre-employment training period (More details in Remarks 1 and 2):
Date: 26 September to 16 October 2017 (12.5 full days)
Time: 9:00 am - 6 pm
Course Code: 2017TBOT03-111
|Training elements||Training hours|
|1. Briefing on industry and post||2|
|2. Company culture and background||2|
|3. Soft skills training||8|
|4. Skills required for the job||84|
|5. Briefing on Employment-related Ordinances||4|
HKFTU Occupational Retraining Centre (KY)
6/F, Sunbeam Commercial Building, 469-472 Nathan Road, Kowloon(Exit C, Yaumatei MTR Station)
- Trainees who have attained an attendance rate of 80% or above in a pre-employment training course are entitled to a training allowance at a rate of $70 per valid training day. The eligible trainees may submit training allowance applications to their case management service training body.
- Trainees should ensure that they are available during the course and notify their case manager before applying this course. To ensure effective use of training resources, upon your successful enrolment for the pre-employment training course, application for workplace attachment training and on-the-job training will be suspended till completion of the training course. Besides, other pre-employment training courses and workplace attachment training you have been previously enrolled will be cancelled.
- Trainees may contact the YETP Office (Hong Kong office) at 2835 2154 for enquires on the above pre-employment training course.
- Those who have previously worked for The Lab (Asia) Limited under any forms of employment or services are not eligible.
- Eligible trainees may apply for transport allowance from the Work Incentive Transport Subsidy Scheme. Please visit http://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/service/witss.htmfor details.
- If the Black Rainstorm Signal or Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.8 or above is issued or in force at 11 a.m. on that day, the event will be cancelled.
- YETP will conduct photo and video shooting in the event for promotional and publicity purpose. For enquiries, please approach staff of the Labour Department on-site.